Here is something that you can do to speed up your machine a bit.
As far as having anything start up with your machine the only thing that you need is your antivirus and anything to do with wireless if you connect in that manner.I suggest you disable everything else.
Download the program below unzip it to your desktop and set it to run on the next boot.
Then clear all of your restore points and create a new one you can do this by turning off system restore and rebooting and turning it back on and rebooting again.
Then download Erunt and create a backup of your registry and then download ntregopt and run it and then reboot.
Now defrag your machine with auslogics select defrag and optimize just uncheck the boxes that suggest installing other software when installing auslogics disk defrag.
Download Autoruns and Autorunsc unzip Autoruns to your desktop run it.See any entries that read file not found when you see them uncheck these entries do this only for the entries that read file not found also uncheck any scheduled task that are set to run on your machine,close the program.
1. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Manager
2. Left click the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers group
3. Right click on Primary IDE and hit Uninstall if there are more than one go ahead and un-install all of them they may request a reboot but wait until you have uninstalled the last one to reboot your machine.
4. Reboot the computer, the Primary IDE drivers will re-install themselves after you reboot.
5. Go back to the Device Manager and Left click the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers group again.
6. Right click on Primary IDE Channel and go to Properties > Advanced Settings tab.
7. Make sure that both Device's Modes are on "DMA if available".
8. Link Explaining http://msdn.microsof...e/gg463526.aspx
Also here is something can help with internet explorer it should help you load the pages faster.
Open command prompt then type or copy and paste each line hitting enter after each.To open command prompt hit the windows key and r at the same time and type cmd.
Now reboot the machine and see if internet explorer loads pages faster.
I will leave you with ztrucker I just thought you might like to know this info .
Edited by rockmilk, 31 August 2012 - 08:34 PM.