Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cisco AE2500 wireless problems.

• Please log in to reply

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
I have Time Warner Signature Home and it gives up 50X5 speed. 50MBs download and 5MBs upload speed. The wireless router is about 40-45 feet from the computer with this wireless card. We get a max of 5MBs download and about 1.3MBs upload speeds at all times. We have done everything we could think of to get this computer to run faster internet. It has Windows 7 Home Premium and 8 Gigs of RAM. We have had multiple visits from Time Warner and they can not find anything wrong with their service. So we are guessing its the card.

Is it possible, anyone here can send me to the right place to get a powerful wireless card that will fix this issue? Maybe Newegg.com?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Couple of options for you http://www.newegg.co...N82E16833166073 or http://www.tigerdire...6388&CatId=2688 please take the time to read the reviews and note that one is the pci type and the other pci-e x1 in case you have a preference or limited room due to having other add on cards already.

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
I thank you for your reply Phill but before I could close out the post you replied. My brother got a new card and it fixed the problem. I should have mentioned tho that I was looking for a USB wireless card. Thanks for the help once again :) you are the man!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Glad you got it sorted heartgrave and thank you for the follow up :thumbsup:

I actually prefer the USB type as I am able to use the same one from my own desktop when I repair other peoples machines :D

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Sneaky :ph34r:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Sneaky :ph34r: