Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Levels are all on 100% and Volume still VERY VERY LOW !

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Posted Image

My Volume levels are all on 100% .. Ive checked all the wires with the speakers, and nothing is still working. Just out of nowhere this happened. I do remember fixing something inside my PC tower and i didnt have the computer off, it touched the MB and the PC restarted and said it uncovered from an unexpecting error. Did i maybe [bleep] something up when i did that ?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I've tried a diff set of Speakers still the same thing, so I know its nothing to do with my speakers itself.. its a problem within the hardware of the computer.

Gigabyte 7 Series Motherboard

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

I do remember fixing something inside my PC tower and i didnt have the computer off, it touched the MB

What did please.

I know it does not help now, but you should never work inside the computer with the power connected and of course with the computer on.
Simply removing a component and reinserting it with power on can cause severe problems.

1. Can we assure ourselves that the speaker are connected to the correct port -
2. On your last screen shot click device advanced settings - ensure if you have anything in front audio ports the setting is correct
eg., mute rear when headphone is plugged in - or not of course if you have one.
3. Try an audio CD
4. Device manager - what is shown please against any entry for sound video and game controllers when you expand it.
Any warning at all on the Realtek.
If 1 to 3 proves of no help, I would be inclined to right click on the Realtek, try update driver software, depending on any warnings. If that proves negative, try scan for hardware changes and if no good, click uninstall, and reboot and the system should find the driver and reinstall it.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Posted Image

Drivers are all good
The wiring is in the right place, its been connected and had no problems for months. (Sound problem came out of nowhere yesterday)
Tested the front port of the computer, using the headphone jack/.. stil not working correctly.

The volume levels aren't hitting a high marker on the PC so its showing its not projecting it loud enough. I've checked all the advanced volume settings, and I've uninstalled and re-installed the Realtek Drivers. I am absolutely clueless.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
On that screenshot sound in your last post
select speakers
click properies, click the levels tab, when you move the sliders there, do the numerical figures alter.
NOW click the advanced tab
exclusive use default is both boxes checked
If they are try unchecking and apply and OK twice.
Also on enhancements what setting for sound effects
- try NONE

I am signing off and not on again until 1800 UK time now 0010

Have you tried NOT using Winamp, I doubt it is the cause, but it is worthy of a try.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ok the Levels are hitting 100% now but its not coming out 100% through the speakers... the speakers arnt the issue they work well on a different system. In face you can hear theme buzzing because of the volume being on full max but the music is playing very low.. I dont know whats going on at all. Yes I've tried playing it through Windows Media Player and through iTunes player.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

What did please.

touch the motherboard - and more to the point - where

and in case you did not spot it on my last
I have GONE offline
goodnight

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
^^ Ok thanks, well heres a pic of the MB model i have from newegg and and estimate of where i accidently hit the board

Posted Image

Edited by Charliee03, 30 August 2012 - 06:00 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well I am sorry to say, I do not know
It look very like a capacitor, it would not be damaged in itself
It depends on what it was that hit/fell in that area.
I honestly have no idea what that area controls.
If a metal object shorted across two contacts, it may indeed have caused, but I think it unlikely

I do not have any other suggestions to make, apart from and I am not sure if you have done it, downloading the driver for the Realtek and uninstalling and then not allowing windows to install, but you using the "I will install"

The only other slight possibility is
1. The mini jack connection on the speakers is damaged and by pure coincidence it works as you move them to another system, you can test this of course by moving the wiring towards the jack

2. The female jack socket is to blame try another socket, not of course pink mic or blue line in

3. Try a clean boot just in case it is another application
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
I really cannot envisage this will solve it, but it is worth a try

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I've purchased a new Sound Card, hopefully that will do the trick, thank you very much for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Charliee03, 31 August 2012 - 09:53 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks and I am sorry we could not solve it.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If it does resolve it then it is probably a safe bet that the onboard sound has been damaged some way during this.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Whats your thoughts if It doesn't work? It may be a problem with the drivers?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope because you would have different drivers for the new soundcard anyway. If it still doesn't work then you honestly have to look at the speakers.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Just giving you guys an update, all signs are pointing to the Onboard Soundcard being broken on the Board.. I bought the creative sound audigy card and the sound is all back in full power if not MORE Power. So I'm definitely keeping this card, but wish I was able to exchange my Motherboard its only 4 months old. Anyways, thank you Macboatmaster and rshaffer61 for help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm glad we could help and even more I'm happy you now have your sound back working correctly. Thank you for updating us and now enjoy your new soundcard. :thumbsup: