Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Levels are all on 100% and Volume still VERY VERY LOW !

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Thanks for posting
I just wish we could have ascertained what the problem was.
Depending on your availability of trying a return on that motherboard, as it is only four months old - perhaps it is worthwhile.

As a said before the

Ok thanks, well heres a pic of the MB model i have from newegg and and estimate of where i accidently hit the board

it very much depends "hit with WHAT" I think - as the power was on.

Advertisements

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
It was the end piece of metal on a chipset that touched a circuit on the motherboard... the second it connected the PC automatically rebooted immediately...and later followed was a Windows has recovered from an unsuspected error message. Just a couple hours later as I try to play my music..thats when I realized the sound wasnt right.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

It was the end piece of metal on a chipset that touched a circuit on the motherboard

Well now I know that, and I did ask back on post 2

I do remember fixing something inside my PC tower and i didnt have the computer off, it touched the MB

- what was it that hit the motherboard -

What did please

I have little doubt that it has damaged the circuitry.

It is all water under the bridge really now, but I am just a little confused as to what you were trying to do with the chipset, especially with the power on.

In any case, I think you have been lucky to get away with apparently just the sound problem

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I was taking the chipset out from the board and instead of turning it off. Without even thinking about it I just got lazy and took it out without powering down while the PC was on.