Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minecraft server

• Please log in to reply

minecraftbeloved

minecraftbeloved

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey guys, does anyone have any idea about where to get a good server for minecraft, i 've tryed one but it sucked some adviced me to try deleted by mod,i saw their add on internet and it seemed cool! prices are cheap too :cool: ! any idea about this Hosting company plz. :rolleyes:

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi minecraftbeloved ... :wave: ..:welcome:

This forum is for introductions only and no assistance is given here...start a new topic in the games forum here

Sunnovah

Sunnovah

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Sorry, Didn't realize what forum this was in. Will post my reply when it is in the proper forum. :)

Edited by Sunnovah, 30 August 2012 - 09:31 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm moved the topic to the Games forum and reopened it. Apparently it was closed after I moved it. :thumbsup:

Sunnovah

Sunnovah

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
No worries. :)

Well, as for hosting a minecraft server, is there a reason why you can not do this from your house? You can use Hamachi to run it on an always on PC. If you want to go the VPS route, how many people are you looking to connect to the server?

Both AllGamer and Minecraft Server Host seem to be good for what you are planning. Depending on the number of users the price can get up there though.

rainerhd

rainerhd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't want to advertise it here, but there is a minecraft dedicated forum where people advertise minecraft servers. There a lot of ads there about servers and their features, I would recommend googling "minecraft forums"

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Minecraftbeloved it is usually customary to acknowledge the assistance offered somehow so that we know if we should continue or halt any further help. :confused:

zypher

zypher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm also searching for a server that supports, ModLoader 1.3.2.. do tell me when you find one..

Sunnovah

Sunnovah

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
As far as I know the two VPS's I listed should support it, I believe their staff are very active in the minecraft community, so you could probably email their customer support and double check. I just looked at the AllGamer site and it says the Recommended players are for a Vanilla server with no plugins. That tells me that they do support mods, but they may modify the amount of players you can have.

I hope that helps, although I just run my server from a spare computer at the house. :D IMHO that is the way to go, but I know not everyone can do that.

minecraftbeloved

minecraftbeloved

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
sorry :unsure: , i will post elsewhere :blush:
anyway thnx guys :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK sorry none of the suggestions were of any help for you. Thanks for letting us know and have a great day. :thumbsup:

zumamc

zumamc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
top minecraft server mods, maps, best 1.2.5