Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hey guys strange problem any help would be great yo

• Please log in to reply

musicluva

musicluva

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I am running windows 7 on a hp laptop and i was wondering this i just recently had a virus removal tool running and it found a few viruses so i deleted them but now when ever i turn my computer on and enter my password i see this error ''The Procedure entry point \\?\globalroot\syswow64\mswsock.AcceptEx could not be located in the dynamic link library MSWSOCK.dll. im using a different computer to post this but it wont let me connect to the internet any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What removal tool and did you have help from a malware tech running it?
It sounds like you deleted a file that Win7 needs. You can try the below and see if it will replace the file.

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
hi thank you for replying no i had no tech or anything running it it was jutst some kind of virus removal software calle spy emergency the error that i listed is a pando error but thats what it says when it comes up what i typed earlier i clicked on your link and it linked me to regcure it that what i should try to fix it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When you click on the link it should take you to the Seven Forums to a page with this below.

[attachment=60153:Untitled.jpg]

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
If the last set of instructions does not help then see below.

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

MSWSOCK.dll
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
i will try the above methods as soon as i can tomorrow and i will posy a reply i just need to be able to connect to a browser and this error is stopping me so i will try what you guys recommended and reply tomorrow thank for you for the help

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
i did the steps and clicked look but nothing happened

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Which steps did you do? Mine and\or Rockmilk's?
If mine did you get a notice at the end that SFC has completed and did it find and\or repair anything?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok Lets try another method can you please download Farbar Service Scanner.
http://download.blee.../farbar/FSS.exe

Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

In a seperate report type MSWSOCK.dll into the FarbarServiceScanner window then hit the search files button copy and paste the log that appears in your next reply. :)

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
ok it worked this time this what it said SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff Log created at 09:43 on 31/08/12 by brian Administrator- Elevation Successful Warning: SystemLook running under wow64. Use SystemLook_x64 for accurate results No Context: MSWSOCK.dll -=EOF=-

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Looks like we posted at the same time see my last post. :)

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
yep i see it ha and yea the system look worked the second time and that is what it said once again thanks for helping and let e know the next step and i will try it

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Not sure if the system look is accurate I want you to use FarbarServiceScanner to check for the MSWSOCK.dll file. Just follow my post #9 please.

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
@rshaffer61 i did rockmilks method amd that is what i got in my message i sent a few minutes ago

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Follow Rockmilks post 9 and post the results. I think he is on to something here and just want to see what it finds.