Blue Screen WIN32K.sys
Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:23 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:26 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:35 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:39 PM
I'm using a USB stick - which version of memtest 86 do I download?
Edited by rockmilk, 31 August 2012 - 04:40 PM.
Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:51 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:57 PM
Have you ever opened the side of your machine and dusted with a can of compressed air?
Go ahead with the removal of AVG and the checkdisk.
Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:04 PM
1- To disable Java instructions say Disable UAC(if enabled) and restart -- What is UAC and how do I know if its' enabled or disabled?
2- On Chckdisk, do I do drive C only?
Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:12 PM
2. Yes just run a check disk on the C: Drive to do this see below.
Hit the windows Key and R at the same time then type CMD in the run box when command prompt opens then type or copy and paste chkdsk /r then hit enter when asked to schedule on next reboot then type Y then hit enter then type exit then hit enter and reboot your machine.
Allow check disk to run its course it may take some time but please allow it to complete.
3. Are you sure that there were only three .dmp files in your minidump folder?
4. Have you ever opened the side of your machine and given it a good dusting?
Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:08 PM
2. Chkdsk run
3. Will purchase compressed air and clean inside system this weekend.
Thanks for your help on this! Is there anything else I should do?
Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:13 PM
Download the program below unzip it to your desktop and set it to run on the next boot.
Then clear all of your restore points and create a new one you can do this by turning off system restore and rebooting and turning it back on and rebooting again.
Then download Erunt and create a backup of your registry and then download ntregopt and run it and then reboot.
Now defrag your machine with auslogics select defrag and optimize just uncheck the boxes that suggest installing other software when installing auslogics disk defrag.
Download Autoruns and Autorunsc unzip Autoruns to your desktop run it.See any entries that read file not found when you see them uncheck these entries do this only for the entries that read file not found also uncheck any scheduled task that are set to run on your machine,close the program.
1. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Manager
2. Left click the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers group
3. Right click on Primary IDE and hit Uninstall if there are more than one go ahead and un-install all of them they may request a reboot but wait until you have uninstalled the last one to reboot your machine.
4. Reboot the computer, the Primary IDE drivers will re-install themselves after you reboot.
5. Go back to the Device Manager and Left click the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers group again.
6. Right click on Primary IDE Channel and go to Properties > Advanced Settings tab.
7. Make sure that both Device's Modes are on "DMA if available".
8. Link Explaining http://msdn.microsof...e/gg463526.aspx
Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:15 PM
Please go here and download Speccy run the program and when it is finished Hit File >>>>>>Publish Snap Shot>>>> A link will pop-up on your desktop please post it here in your next reply.
Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:30 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:48 PM
I suggest that you switch to a newer browser Internet explorer is not that great.I suggest firefox.
But if you wish to keep internet explorer....
Open command prompt then type or copy and paste each line hitting enter after each.To open command prompt hit the windows key and r at the same time and type cmd.
Now reboot the machine and see if internet explorer loads pages faster.
Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:35 PM
Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:15 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users