Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to change font colors in XP

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Hello, I just got my computer back from getting a new CD player and upgraded a graphics card in this XP desktop computer. My desktop was pushed to the left and the icons were hidden so I had to adjust that. Then I thought it was slightly blurry, and was trying to do some adjustments to both the font size, etc. Anyway, somehow I have managed to change all the fonts to blue, and I have not been able to get it back to black. I have Googled how to do it, but with this new graphics card, I am seeing two windows, one inactive, one active. It was too hard to explain what I am seeing, so I took a screen shot that might better explain the problem. As you can see, there is one set to be black, but the other window is grayed out, and I can't do any changes to it. Or should I make font color changes in "my computer/ appearance and themes" somehow? I am confused.
I included the attached file, I did not know how to copy and paste it here. Any advice would be appreciated. I was told this new graphics card could control more than one monitor, but I only have one.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
You didn't post the screen shot.

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Sorry..at first I double posted by mistake, they must have removed the one that had the screen shot in it. It showed up in the preview post. I will try again.
untitled.JPG

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
I don't see any blue fonts. The Desktop text is white and the text in the windows you posted looks okay.

Where are you seeing blue.

(I like your Desktop background!)

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Thank you, I took the picture from my cabin window where we vacation. Anyway, I notice the blue print on my Yahoo home page, and in Facebook. I was also not able to play my Scrabble games on Facebook, the printed scores and stats showed up along both sides of the board, but the actual scrabble board does not show up. Makes me wonder if it is the new graphics card? Also on FB, some icons on the newsfeed are missing, like the new message and add friend icons are not there. If I hover over them, they will pop up, but they are not visible.

I don't know anything about adjusting it. Can you tell me why there are two windows open on that screen shot, and why one is grayed out?
Thanks

Edited by bettei, 02 September 2012 - 06:51 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Only one window can have focus, all others will always be greyed out, that's normal.

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Any idea on what is up with the missing Facebook icons? Like I mentioned, I can hover over where I know they are, but they are invisible. The add friends, messages, Scrabble board are all invisible. If there is an adjustment or reset to make them work, it would save me a 50 mile trip to a computer workshop to have it looked at again.
Thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
I may not have explained the focus thing very well. In the pictures you posted, the one that has focus, (you can make changes to it) is a "Child" of the other window. They are "Modal" meaning only the current window of the set can be worked with.

Anyway, for the Facebook problem, you have a new graphics card. What is the make and model number of the new graphics card and of your display? Perhaps you are not running it at it's native resolution.

Were the correct/latest drivers installed for it?
Was the resolution changed? Try a different resolution and see if it changes anything.

Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
Click on the Settings tab.
Move the slider up or down to change the resolution then click Apply.
Open your browser and try Facebook.