Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP wont boot up - get Master Boot Record Ereor

• Please log in to reply

TxForce707

TxForce707

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My XP with Windows 7 wont boot up.

It just gives me a Black screen with error saying
"Master Boot Record Ereor" and "Press a".

I press a and then the conputer will try to boot up
but cuts off and goes back to black screen with the
"Master Boot Record Ereor" and "Press a".

It does this over & over??
Need help please
Thanks in advance
TxForce707

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
My XP with Windows 7?

Do you mean you have a Dual Boot setup with XP and Windows 7? Did it ever work or is this happening after installing XP or Win 7? Which was installed first?

Do you have a Windows 7 install DVD? If not you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River.
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.