Unable to load safe mode
Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:09 PM
Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:19 PM
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics
If defective replace it.
If it's okay, boot your Vista Install DVD and run chkdsk /r from the recovery console, see if that fixes the problem.
How to run System File Checker (SFC) or chkdsk from the Recovery Console
- Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
- When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
- At the "Language" screen hold the "Shift" key and press the F10 key to open a Command Window
- Run SFC or chkdsk
- For sfc, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- For chkdsk, type chkdsk /r and press Enter.
If that doesn't help then save your data and reinstall. There are various ways of saving your data.
- Recover files from Windows hard disk using Puppy Linux
- How to Copy & Paste in Recovery Console on Windows 7 or Vista
- Mount the drive as a slave in another computer then copy the data to another hard drive, flash drive or burn to CD/DVD.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users