Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection

• Please log in to reply

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I did everything but still getting disconnected. How frustrating. I will let it be for tonight and check it tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Will let you know how it goes.

ginnyjoe

Edited by ginnyjoe, 08 September 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
It just MAYBE and I apologise if this has been covered.

Change the wireless channel
Step 2: Change the channel on the router to reduce possible interference (for best results, use either channel 1, 6 or 11, rather than automatic.

on the D Link

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I changed the wireless card. Hoping that will work. No apologies needed I can use all the help available. If I need to I will change the channel, I may have to ask more questions if this doesn't work. Thanks again.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
i

Edited by ginnyjoe, 10 September 2012 - 09:01 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
What please does
i - mean

I see you have changed the card - it may have been easier to try the channel first - however please let us know how it goes.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
The i was just a mistake. lol I have changed the card a couple of days ago and it is working fine right now. The only thing is when I start it says: The procedure entry point aps Search Interface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll, then I click and and again it says: The procedure point aps Initialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlnapi.dll. After i click that everything works fine. I really don't know what that is and would like to fix it if possible.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Have you uninstalled all you can related to the Belkin card you had
Is the BELKIN wireless still listed in your start up items

If you check that and it does not solve it
Run a sfc
at a cmd prompt with admin rights
type

sfc /scannow

If that does not solve it, try a fresh install of the driver for the new card

If that does not solve it post back and we will have alook at exactly what is running on startup

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Also I forgot to tell you the last message.Dlink wireless lan monitor has stopped working. But the internet is working perfectly and not getting disconnected. I did what you told me to do but the message is still coming up when I reboot.I did the scan, checked the startup items and I updated the wireless card.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I think that the dlink wireless lan monitor is the cause of the message

The Dlink package must include some other version of this dll,because the Microsoft's wlanapi.dll does not have the function named "apsSearchInterface".

See this
ftp://files.dlink.co...or_WZCSLDR2.pdf

additionally are you using the card software to manage the connection or Windows WLAN in services as, generally speaking I find Windows WLAN better than the software for the card, but you cannot use both

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Thank you to you and Rockmilk. Problem is solved and working just fine. I truly appreciate all the help that I get on this site. It would cost me a fortune without you people.

ginnyjoe

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks
Pleased it worked