Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need minor help with formatting.

• Please log in to reply

blacky07

blacky07

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello,
I recently received a hp pavilion dv9000 for free. Its running windows 7. I wanted to format the computer to get rid of most of the junk stored up by the previous user. However along the way of trying to figure out how to format, I found 111GB of unallocated space. I then created that space into a disk drive. I would however still like to format the main drive and also, if possible, sync the two drives so to have all my storage on one drive... So mainly my question is how do I format the c: (with no disk for windows 7) and then sync both my c: and new found drive.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello,

HP Factory Reset Link

You should be able to follow those instructions to perform the Factory Reset option. Then after that if you have any unallocated space, or multiple data partitions, we can merge them together.

Please note following those instructions will lose all data and programs currently installed so make sure you backup anything you might want to keep first. If you want to, run an audit with a program such as Belarc which will give you a report with program product keys etc... in case you need to reinstall them later.

Troy