Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse freezes up

• Please log in to reply

Mary Miller

Mary Miller

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
The mouse started freezing up. Every so often I'll be doing something, not the same thing to detect a pattern, it just randomly stops, I can't get it to move. I can't restart with the start menu since I can't use the mouse, or is there a keyboard shortcut to restart? What I've done is shut the modem down and restart from there, then it works again, for awhile. But that is so time consuming. Could you come up with some reason it's doing this or way to fix it?
Thanks
Mary Miller

Advertisements

Tech2be

Tech2be

• Pip
  • 5 posts

The mouse started freezing up. Every so often I'll be doing something, not the same thing to detect a pattern, it just randomly stops, I can't get it to move. I can't restart with the start menu since I can't use the mouse, or is there a keyboard shortcut to restart? What I've done is shut the modem down and restart from there, then it works again, for awhile. But that is so time consuming. Could you come up with some reason it's doing this or way to fix it?
Thanks
Mary Miller

Have you tried cleaning it? Make sure there is no dust particles?

Mary Miller

Mary Miller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Thanks
Mary Miller

Have you tried cleaning it? Make sure there is no dust particles?

It doesn't have a wheel, it has a red light on the bottom. some lazer deal or something. someone suggested it might be worn out, that I should replace it. Sounds reasonable but I just thought there might be something wrong with the driver or the PC in general. It hasn't happened again so I'm keeping fingers crossed, thank you very much, Mary