Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good gaming rig under 3000

• Please log in to reply

SuperSteven

SuperSteven

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, im looking to buy a gaming pc (desktop). What pc do you recommed under 3000?, and also Which are the best custom pc makers?

Thank you

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
:welcome: SuperSteven

Couple of questions for you if I may;

Would you consider building your own as you will get far more bang for your buck, self satisfaction + save yourself an awful lot of cash.

In what country will you be purchasing please.

NB: Even if you did not build your own we could help you select parts and you could then employ a local Tech store to put the parts together, this will still save you a sizable amount of cash.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.
Just dropped in, for a look, after reading your other Topic, > http://www.geekstogo...-digital-storm/

SuperSteven

SuperSteven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have considered building it, but it looks like a pain in the rear end. I know you save some cash, but I would rather have the quality assurance from a company that already makes them.

U.S

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Choosing your own components and then employing a local Tech or store is a viable option then, when choosing your own hardware apart from choosing what you consider the best performer you also check out the warranty details, you may find the system builder offers the standard 12 months warranty on the build and then refers you to the hardware manufacturer if a device fails after 12 months.

An example list of parts http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gyPv will you also require a screen, keyboard and mouse with any potential purchase.

NB: Consider also that the system will need to be shipped and damage can occur in transit.

SuperSteven

SuperSteven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Very nice site, my only concern is that apparently not all parts are compatible while making a pc, and unfortunatley I dont know which ones are or aren't.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
If you go to the site and select the System Build tab it will allow you to select a list of components, start with the CPU, once this is chosen a panel will appear on the upper right hand corner of the page where you will see "only show compatible motherboards" there is a check-box there which is ticked by default, once the MB is selected you move onto the Ram and this time the dialog box will display "only show compatible memory" and so on, see screenshot below;

The link that I provided earlier would make a very good gaming machine BTW.

SuperSteven

SuperSteven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Cool, thanks for all your help! :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
You are welcome and please feel free to continue at this topic to achieve your requirements :thumbsup: