Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do I have a virus? Keep getting html:scrip-inf alerts in avast

• Please log in to reply

slurry

slurry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was pointed to these forums as possible help for my problem from the avast forums. Here is my thread from there:
http://forum.avast.c...?topic=104724.0

But to summarise, I'm not sure if I have an infection or not. I am using avast antivirus, on mac osx 10.8 (mountain lion?).

A while back I visited a website which my webshield flagged as having an infection. Since then I still get occasional pop ups where the webshield blocks the URL... even though I am not actually visiting the website in question.

When I do a system system scan, it does not come up with an infection but a possible warning about a file called bootloader (I believe, this warning may just be a false positive)

I've attached some of the webshield logs, the log of a system scan, and an example of the popup alerts I get.

I actually haven't had any alerts in the last two days... but do I have an infection and if so how should I go about removing it?

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 9.37.15 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 9.38.28 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 9.39.28 PM.png

Advertisements