Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC won't shut down

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Thanks for the URL.

Please go link below, download Revo Uninstaller, save to the desktop. Run the install.

> http://download.cnet...sageID=10870902 Please ignore all other product.

At step two, select I do not accept. > click next.
> step 4, click install now.
installer will open, Close any nag screens that open.

When Revo starts. go top, Options.
> Uncheck, check for updates. > click OK.
> Click uninstaller, top left. This will show all your installed programs.

Please post a screen shot in your next reply

Advertisements

haloburn

haloburn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi there, :confused: am I allowed to ask if phillpower2 is still online as I found I got on very well with info they sent me,I hope I'm doing this right, it's been quite a while since I have been able to get to PC, apologies in advance of any errors, the I'm not trying to disrespect anyone else on here who has helped... oh dear there i go again prob getting it all wrong :blush: Thank you

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday haloburn
Please click (phillpower2 Posted Image)
In the window that opens, click on > send me a message.
I am sure he will be more than willing to help again.

haloburn

haloburn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanks very much iammykyl
I'll try that, much appreciated :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello again haloburn.

Can you please update us on what issues you are presently having with the computer.

Thanks for advising haloburn iammykyl

haloburn

haloburn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hello!
Thanks for your reply, I know you're all busy people.
The issues are freezing, slow to load windows or windows freezing and having to force shut down, also I have no volume but working speakers, and when I attempt to fix it says I need service pAck 3 to do this, I'm running XP Thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello

Can we first of all have an updated Pitstop report please http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp

haloburn

haloburn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hello
I have installed pcpitstop but my ms security centre is blocking it and preventing it from running, when i go to Firewall and exceptions it's already in the list so i dont know why it keeps getting blocked, please can you advise? thanks :confused:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Try revisiting your previous results page and see if you can re-run the test from there http://www.pcpitstop...id=25052206"]My

haloburn

haloburn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hello Phillpower2
I tried that but I still could not get it to work... sorry :confused:

Also PLEASE can you help me with another matter that has arisen :blush: it's driving me crazy and I cant let my kids use the comp due to it :upset:
I found I had a 'Giant'ad plug in I found it and all its other add ons and deleted them I also went into add/remove and deleted from there too and emptied recycle bin but STILL the really annoying/child inappropriate adds are there on every page I view, even Geeks. :angry:
I also ran malware antimalware on pc and it found two trojans
Sorry to throw another problem at you so soon but this really is the worst it's making the PC so irritating to use :confused:

Edited by haloburn, 23 February 2013 - 05:55 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Thanks for the update which unfortunately means I must hold off for now until you get the all clear of malware by the experts over on the malware forums, please see below;

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Additional guidance;

1: Do not create a topic on the malware forum unless you have a malware issue that you cannot resolve yourself.
2: If you do need to start a topic there provide a link to this thread so that steps that have already been taken can be checked.
3: As the Malware Techs are extremely busy you may not receive an instant reply, if you have waited for three days then post in the Waiting Room http://www.geekstogo...e-waiting-room/ be sure to identify the issue as malware related and provide a link to your malware topic.

haloburn

haloburn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi Phillpower2
When I click the link it just takes me straight to the forum, I thought it was meant to take me to a self help page :confused: or have I missed the point, it just tells me the steps to take to post on the malware forum, but not how to dao it myself?? :confused: sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick Thanks again :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
http://www.geekstogo...-and-tutorials/

If you feel that you need the experts help sooner rather than later go to step 2 @ http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/ the good folk on those forums understand that dealing with malware can be daunting for some people so don`t worry they will look after you.