Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Sims 2 - Directx issues, please help!

• Please log in to reply

samboo1

samboo1

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Got a new laptop, and have just got round to installing my sims 2 and expansions onto it. I know it is compatible, but whenever I try to play the game I get a message saying that I don't have directx drivers 9 or something. I have directx 11 as it is a new laptop.

I've googled this problem and there have been many issues with this. Main thing people do to solve it is uninstall directx and replace it with directx9c which lets the game work, however this was obviously on older laptops when directx wasn't integrated. So I feel a bit stuck, am I to face that I can't play the game on here?

I have checked my graphics card drivers, all up to date so it's not that.

Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to play this game on here!

Advertisements

Grimxonic

Grimxonic

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,

I don't really know how to start to diagnose the problem, I need the exact error message you're receiving first. DirectX 9c can run alongside DirectX 11, try downloading this and tell me if your game works:

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109

Good luck :)