Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which PC case is better?

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Hmm I think I'll just stick with the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Heatsink. Are you positive that'll fit in the Antec case? It's kinda a large heatsink lol.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Check the dimensions of the case that the heatsink was previously used in for a comparison.

Are you also using the same Ram that you used in the old set up.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
All the "old PC parts" I have were all in 1 case. I upgraded my rig and put it in my same case, so they already all work together. Luckily I'm already using that heatsink, so I can measure it on my current rig to see if it'll fit inside the new Antec case.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:thumbsup:

I am away on business now and may not be able to check back until around 8am UK time on Saturday, it is presently almost 8.40am Friday here now, good luck and I will check back asap.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Okay I think I waited too long to pull the trigger on the deal for the Antec DF-35 (it still has a rebate on the site but I ~THINK~ it's $10 less rebate now).

So now that it's in that price range it's up against the Antec Nine Hundred.....

Which brings me to this question now; Which is better, the Antec DF-35 (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129088) or the Antec Nine Hundred (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129021)?

Edit: BTW I need to make my mind up in the next 2-3 hours, since I'm going to bed by then and the rebate deal they have on the Antec Nine Hundred will no longer be available after today!

Edited by GhostLoad, 18 September 2012 - 11:27 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
I would choose the 900 as it has the upgraded USB 3.0 ports, if you do not use them now then consider the future upgrade potential.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Do you think it's safe to spray paint the inside of the Antec 900? All the bare-metal I'd like to just spray flat black. I've already got a can of it at home.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Never done that myself and so I cannot comment based on previous knowledge, I suppose considerations would be that the paint would need to be heat resistant so as to avoid blistering and the possible fire risk, one for a google search I reckon.

See the topic @ http://forums.overcl....php?p=19142264

Edited by phillpower2, 18 September 2012 - 11:44 AM.
Link added

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Sounds like too much work. So the 900 is really that much better than the DF-35? The DF-35 kinda ~looks~ better....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
If the MB you are fitting does not have USB 3.0 headers and you are not worried about using them in the future go for the DF-35, it is a very good case in any event.

Advertisements

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
The mobo I'm putting in is an ASUS P5N-D, it's a little bit old.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
No worries then go for the DF-35 :thumbsup:

Later on you could always fit an add on USB 3.0 PCI or PCI=E type card http://www.google.co...ved=0CFAQ8wIwAA

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
I just want the best bang for the buck. It sure looks like the better quality case, and it's a bit newer I think. Such a hard decision!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Sorry but the final decision is yours :thumbsup:

The build quality of both cases is unquestionable so they are equal there.
The 900 has USB 3.0 ports whereas the DF-35 does not, a + for the 900.
The DF-35 comes out $10 less expensive so a + for the DF-35.
The DF-35 has the black interior that you require, the 900 does not, a + for the DF-35.

So by my math that is 2 to 1 reasons why you should choose the DF-35 case.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Heh, the black is a nice perk, but the 900 has an extra $10 off today so they're the same price. GAH so hard to pick.