Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG 12 continues to ask for computer restart!

• Please log in to reply

purple21

purple21

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
:help: I have AVG 2012, and when I was updating my old version to this version, I had to remove all older AVG components, which I did. Now, I'm continuing to be told by the AVG Update Manager that a computer restart is needed for complete protection. No matter how many times I've restarted, it continues to give me this message; it doesn't seem to "take". I'm also not able to scan my computer for viruses, because when I try, the scan is always interrupted by AVG attempting to update itself. It is almost constantly trying to update itself, but says the Anti-Virus database is outdated. Also, every time I boot up the computer, it's asking for a restart. This is getting very annoying. :angry: Can you help? Thanks. :happy:

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi purple21,

Sorry for delay!

Love the cat!

See if any thing here is helpful https://getsatisfact...ntinuous_reboot

Joe

purple21

purple21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
That's ok, I'm sorry I took so long to check the link out! I admit, I dreaded taking the time to resolve this issue. :blush: But thank you so much! I had to try multiple suggestions :wacko: from the site before I finally found the solution, but it seems that finally the issue has been resolved!! :yeah:
Haha! I love cats! :heart:
Thanks! :spoton:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Which suggestion finally gave the accepted results as this may help someone in the future with the same issue. :thumbsup:

purple21

purple21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
This link that they provided is what helped me: :thumbsup:

Complete solution is described in the Weekly Overview: 28/2012.

://forums.avg.com/in-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=211928#post_211928.