Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wi fi dropping

• Please log in to reply

lucette

lucette

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a netgear 300 dual band router, which is located in a bedroom. My main pc is in another bedroom, wi fi is ok ish (but not used very much). There are 3 laptops, iPhones and an iPad. The iPad is most frequently used of all for Internet access (used at other end of house). Although it is showing a good connection it just keeps kicking wi fi out. I have checked channels and my router is the only one showing. I live out the way slightly so not a lot of houses to interfere anyway. I have a cordless phone which I have moved right away from the router. I am with virgin and upgraded my broadband to unlimited. I've looked at different forums and can't think of what else to do. I do have it password protected and I switch it off occasionally. Please help, it is driving me demented....

Advertisements