Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

log on screen

• Please log in to reply

hfzfaz

hfzfaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi there i was wondering whether anyone ca help me here before i log on to win xp when i click on my name it shows a message saying 4 unread email messages although i have no email messages. how do i remove this message from the logon screen

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Do you have a hotmail account and do you use messenger?

It normally means you have unread messages on an msn passport account. Delete the emails from that and the message will go away.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
The information displayed on the welcome screen for any given account comes from the .NET Passport that is associated with that particular account. It could be that another user has associated his/her .NET Passport to your account. In this case, the message will remain until either: 1) the person with that .NET Passport checks his/her e-mail, or 2) you change the .NET Passport that is associated with that account.

You can change this setting by opening USERS from the Control Panel. Once there, click on your account and look at the bottom option. I can't remember what it says exactly off the top of my head, but it will say something about the .NET Passport. From there, you can just associate your own .NET Passport account to this Windows User Account. If you don't have a .NET Passport, you can create one from that same screen.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out. :tazz:

Edited by magusbuckley, 05 June 2005 - 05:33 AM.

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Do you have more than one e-mail account ?

The Welcome screen e-mail notification refers to e-mail from Outlook Express and Windows Messenger. If you click on the notification it will tell you which account is being referred to.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Take a look at the following url for a couple fixes..

Getting Rid of Unread Email Messages

Murray