Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

White LCD screen on Inspiron 4150 question

• Please log in to reply

geno368

geno368

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
I am working on a Dell Inspiron 4150 running XP Prof. My lcd screen goes totally white after about 13-15 minutes of run time. I can hook up an external monitor and it works fine. This is an older laptop and has an inverter also. I don't want to buy a new screen and inverter if they are ok. I tore is down partially and re-seated the vga cable to the motherboard with same results. My opinion is that the bulbs are ok since it is bright white when it quits.
I would appreciate any help....Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi geno368

Please check that the MB to screen video ribbon has not become partially disconnected or damaged http://support.dell....lay.htm#1084976 this can occur down to nothing more than every day use.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

geno368

geno368

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Thanks for the reply. I decided to take the ribbon cable off completely and then re-seat all connections. So far everything is ok...Kudos!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thank you for the update :thumbsup:

I hope that the issue is now permanently resolved for you.