Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

questions about creating a amped up docking station for a laptop

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey guys! So today in class, an idea occurred to me after seeing a teacher use the laptop docking station in the room to connect their laptop to the smart board and projector. What my question is, would it be possible to combine a laptop docking station, and make modifications so that when the laptop is in the dock, there could be an external hard drive there for space, and i was also wondering if it would be possible to add some amount of RAM to the computer but only have the access to it when in the docking station? i don't know if this sounds stupid or not, or if its even remotely possible. but i thought i would ask, because i would love to give this a shot! also worth mentioning: in an ideal situation for me at least there would also be the capability of hooking up to a large external display, like 30 or 32 inches big... thanks for anybody's input or comments on this!