Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC Games?

• Please log in to reply

iagojames

iagojames

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I have purchased some PC games for my young grandchild who has a computer but is not currently online.Can these games still be played without a PC having internet connection? And is there anything i need to do to enable this to happen.
Cheers

Advertisements

Grimxonic

Grimxonic

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,

It all depends on the game. Some games require an Internet connection to be present during the installation process for authentication purposes, others may need the connection because it's a pure online game that requires to be online at all times. If you could post the game list here I could let you know, or just look on the back of the game case and see the system requirements. If they aren't there, you can find that information online as well :)

iagojames

iagojames

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

It all depends on the game. Some games require an Internet connection to be present during the installation process for authentication purposes, others may need the connection because it's a pure online game that requires to be online at all times. If you could post the game list here I could let you know, or just look on the back of the game case and see the system requirements. If they aren't there, you can find that information online as well :)

Thank you Grimxonic you have pointed out the information i needed. :thumbsup:
It was on the back of the case!

Cheers