Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell studio logo stucks,cant boot

• Please log in to reply

pankm

pankm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have Dell studio 1558, after system start only Dell logo appears and F2 for setup and f12 for boot options. but press noting happen its stuck

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: pankm

Do you have an OS or system restore disk that may have been provided with the Dell when it was new, if not see below.

If the HDD has never been formatted try pressing the <F8> key when you next power up and you will hopefully have a recovery partition, if you do choose the option that reads "Repair Your Computer"

A walk through guide http://forum.noteboo...very-guide.html I am not suggesting that you use any other product or service at the link.
Post back with an update after checking the above,

pankm

pankm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have once formatted the HDD and reinstall the windows 7.......it runs ok for couple of hours........after that stuck @ dell logo......not entering to set-up and Boot options

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

.......it runs ok for couple of hours........after that stuck @ dell logo

Please clarify as in does the computer suddenly shut down and then will not restart or are you saying that if you shut down the computer manually that it stops on the Dell logo.

Also can I ask why and when you previously formatted the HDD, were you having computer issues then and if so please describe them for us.