Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't find External Hard Drive after System Recovery back-up one.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GODOFTHEUNIVERSE

GODOFTHEUNIVERSE

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
After a back-up "safe" system recovery my external hard drive when pluged in or as pluged in can't be found...the J drive I think it's called is not in the selections anymore, nor anywhere in the back up folder, it's not anywhere, I found it in hardware device manager but it doesn't do anything, and when I click on it it says where it is, but at this point I can't find it to put files in it and where now that device manager says it is is F, but I don't think that's where it is, and when I click on it it won't open, it says it's either unreadable or corrupted...so what do I do? Where do I find it to put my files in it?

Is it possible that after all that mazing around above, that now it is in F, but to open it I need to fix the regeristry to open it? If, so, then where do I find it and what do I type in and anything else?

Edited by GODOFTHEUNIVERSE, 09 September 2012 - 05:56 PM.

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Currently being assisted here.

In the event your problems are not malware related, merely send myself a PM and I will gladly re-open this topic for you.

This topic is temp' closed to prevent multiple assistance at the same time etc, whilst a Malware Removal Check/Process is ongoing...