Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need help choosing between these 2 laptops.

• Please log in to reply

TheHumbleNewbie

TheHumbleNewbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Laptop #1 is a HP and has these specs:

Processor & Memory:
AMD Quad-Core A10-4655M Processor (2.8GHz/2.0GHz)
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Drives:
500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
No Internal DVD or CD Drive
Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Graphics & Video:
15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768)
HD 7600G Discrete-Class Graphics

Laptop #2 is a Lenovo and has these specs:
Processor and Memory:
Up to 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3517U Processor
Up to 8GB DDR3 memory
Operating System:
Windows® 7 Home Premium
Graphics and Video:
NVIDIA GeForce 610M 1GB/Intel HD 4000
14.0" HD anti-glare widescreen display (1366x768)

Also assume both of these laptops cost the same amount of money.
Which laptop would be faster and more powerful?

Also I apologize ahead of time if I posted in the wrong topic, I wasn't sure which forum would be the correct one for this kind of advice.

Best,
TheHumbleNewbie

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
:welcome:

Sorry but there is certain information missing which I will highlight below in addition I will add a + or a - for better or poorer items;

Laptop #1 is a HP and has these specs:

Processor & Memory:
AMD Quad-Core A10-4655M Processor (2.8GHz/2.0GHz) + As more detailed specs are provided you know what you are getting
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) + As you know the amount and what speed the Ram is.
Drives:
500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection. I cannot comment on this as there is no HDD listed below to make a comparison.
No Internal DVD or CD Drive - As this will make installing new software more difficult and in particular should you ever need to reinstall your operating system.
Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) + You will get the best of this with your 8GB of Ram.
Graphics & Video:
15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768) + A larger screen than the Lenovo.
HD 7600G Discrete-Class Graphics also for more information please see http://www.amd.com/p...roductBrief.pdf

Laptop #2 is a Lenovo and has these specs:
Processor and Memory:
Up to 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3517U Processor - The details are too vague as in "Up to" please see http://www.cpu-world... processor.html
Up to 8GB DDR3 memory - Again the details are too vague, how much Ram is fitted and what speed is it.
Operating System:
Windows® 7 Home Premium - Again not enough information, is it 32 or 64-bit.Graphics and Video:
NVIDIA GeForce 610M 1GB/Intel HD 4000 - The HPs video is marginally better.
14.0" HD anti-glare widescreen display (1366x768) - Smaller overall screen size than the HP.

No HDD or optical drive details, both a -

Also assume both of these laptops cost the same amount of money.
Which laptop would be faster and more powerful?

Also I apologize ahead of time if I posted in the wrong topic, I wasn't sure which forum would be the correct one for this kind of advice.

Best,
TheHumbleNewbie

I would not assume that both notebooks cost the same but with the information available above I would purchase the HP over the Lenovo.

Can you provide us with a link to the both products so that we can have a closer look at them.