Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having Screen Issues

• Please log in to reply

RimarWelds

RimarWelds

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I have not the time or money to take my laptop into a professional to be evaluated, so I am asking for some help here.

My laptop works fine, it's a little bit older but it has no crash problems, error messages, hardware failures.

I am having the Dim LCD display issue, However, This is not all the time. I find if I get the screen in the right spot (same spot every time), Press the back against a wall or table I am entitled to many hours of useage. I believe this was caused from having the laptop in my luggage back and maybe pressure disconnecting the cable slighty to the screen.

Now, It appears that my screen has become the slightest bit dismounted on the right side where I can see a grey cable. What do you guys think, Is this something I could very easily pop open and check that the cable is secured tightly. Chances of me doing that and screwing this laptop up even more?

Laptop: Compaq Presario c700 notebook

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: RimarWelds

This does sound like a partially disconnected or damaged display ribbon, checking out both requires the same procedure, please note that repairing a notebook is more difficult than repairing a desktop as each type of screw must be replaced only where it should, an incorrect size screw in the wrong place can short out and ruin the whole notebook.

Take a look at the maintenance manual for the G7000/C700 and decide if you will undertake the task yourself http://www.hp.com/ct...l/c01301275.pdf a tip if you do the repair yourself, get yourself some small containers so that each different screw type can be kept separate and of course we will be here if you have any questions.