Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ANYONE OUT THERE? PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

krystab

krystab

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey to whoever reads this. so this is my problem. first im not very computer savy. so i have a toshiba satellite and ive had it since 2/12 lately its been running slower then usual which i can tolerate but i want it fixed. my main problem is i can't view any videos online. i tried to uninstall adobe flash player and reinstall it as well as java. before all this i went thru my programs and went on an uninstall spree and i think i did something i wont suppose to do. when my computer starts up it gives me a pop up and says something about a non important file is corrupt. i unfortunately dont have any disks or anything to backup my data but honestly at this point i dont care if the stuff gets deleted. i did try and do a factory reset but it didnt work. i use windows 7 home premium but i have no disks to reinstall windows if i did a factory reset. but again IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME WITH JUST HELPING ME VIEW VIDEOS ONLINE. thanks

Advertisements

Gabriel1

Gabriel1

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Did u try doing a system restore to BEFORE you went on an uninstall spree?

krystab

krystab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no because i think when i went on the spree i deleted something i wasnt suppose to.from what i remember i haven't been able to view any videos since i deleted whatgever i deleted or uninstalled.. but now when i try n do a restore it only gives me the option to restore from yesterday morning when i uninstalled java (which i have it back now).. soooooo...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

i did try and do a factory reset but it didnt work.

What do you mean it didn't work?
Any error message?
Anything else you can tell us like what steps did you take to do the factory reset? Unless you made the recovery disks when you first bought the laptop then you would have to depend on the factory recovery partition to get everything back and running like it was brand new.

krystab

krystab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well i stumbled upon reseting my whole computer and i turned off computer and when i restarted it i think it told me to keep hitting 0 until the reboot thing came up and to follow directions which i was doing but then it asked me something about backup my documents on an external drive which i have no clue what that is and i dont have nothing like that. i dont care if my documents get erased. but it didnt go thru cuz i cancelled it. then i looked up more info and i got worried because i dont have a windows 7 disk to restore my windows 7 to get my internet back when i reset my puter. soooo

krystab

krystab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Unless you made the recovery disks when you first bought the laptop then you would have to depend on the factory recovery partition to get everything back and running like it was brand new.

i didnt make any kind of disk and what do you mean i would have to depend on the factory recovery partition?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How to do a factory reset on a Toshiba system.

To access the recovery partition do the following...

Power off the laptop.
Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears.
Start tapping the zero key repeatedly at this point.
Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears.
The screen should flash HDD RECOVERY MODE for a second and then it will load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.
Note that this erases all data, and reloads all factory default software.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 23 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.