Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia Geforce 7300 GS overheats very quickly and system freezes. Also

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Troubleshooting is the process of elimination and so one thing must be tested and ruled in or out before moving on to the next item of hardware to be checked, various programs have shown that your PSU is bad and so before you can check anything else the PSU must be swapped with a good quality unit that can provide the adequate, clean and stable power that a computer needs.

I must stress again that the computer should not be used with a defective PSU fitted, frustrating I know but consider this, at present you are looking at one bad item but if the PSU pops it could take out all of your hardware.

Advertisements

Hoihe

Hoihe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Solved.

Over at the IT guys we basically tested each component, installing them in their PC to see if any crash surfaces, and it indeed have for when the Nvidia Geforce 7300 was put within their computer, it quickly crashed after myself pulling up Runescape, a rather humble java based 3D browser game.

With my ATI Radeon X600 I am not experiencing a single crash *knocks on wood*. PSU's been replaced for good measure and fans been fit.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Good work Hoihe, hopefully you will have no further problems and thanks for the follow up :thumbsup: