Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox woes

• Please log in to reply

oldtoot

oldtoot

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am using Firefox V 15 on an HP Pavillion G7 series notebook with AMD processor and 4 GB RAM. When I either hibernate

or suspend my laptop notebook, after awakening, the Firefox page decreases to a half size window and the default

toolbars are in place at the top of the page, that is, the small orange bar with the arrow at the top left and actually, no

toolbars. I have to reconfigure the toolbars each time. This does not happen after rebooting or a startup from shutdown.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Advertisements

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
A bit off topic, but I use Firefox 11 and keep getting nagged to update to FF 15, which I decline.

FF 11 works perfect with all my add-ons and extensions, plus the many auxiliary programs I have and I am sticking with it until forced to update. I cannot see that all these FF updates provide me with any benefits other than perhaps some security patches and being a constant user of Sandboxie, I do not need any additional help from FF.

I do not wish to update to FF 15 and find that all my add-ons and programs are not compatible, so that I find myself flying a plane with only the basic controls and no instruments or other refinements, including security programs. I use Sandboxie all the time plus AVG 2012, PrivateFirewall and several other popular security programs.

My impression is that FF are updating their browser far to often and outstripping the other available programs ability to maintain compatibility.

PS - I have used a fix, so that my precious Google Toolbar is still installed in FF 11 and any further issue.

Edited by John Bull, 15 September 2012 - 03:34 PM.

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
oldtoot: Go to about:support and click "Reset Firefox". See if that helps.

John Bull: At least you should use Firefox ESR; it is actively supported for at least one year.
Anyway Firefox extensions are compatible by default since ages ago, you should not have any problem upgrading. I never had any problem with my extensions since Firefox 8 anyway.