OK there is something wrong with the default drivers for windows. Lets try a repair installation and see if we can correct it. Repair Installation Instructions
· Insert your Windows XP CD
in your CD-ROM
and then Restart
· At the first post screen start tapping the Del
key to enter System Bios
· Find the Advance Options
or Boot Sequence
· You will need to change the boot sequence so that the CDrom
is first and the HD
· Press F10 to Save and Exit
and then press Enter
· The system will now reboot
· When the "Press any key to boot from CD"
message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
· When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup
screen, press ENTER
· To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER
· At this point an option to press R
to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. DO NOT SELECT THIS OPTION.
· On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement
screen, press F8
to agree to the license agreement.
· Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP
is selected and highlighted in the box, and then press the R
key to repair Windows XP.
· Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.
You can also go HERE
to read a step by step tutorial with screenshots.