Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avoiding autoaddition of unwanted code.

• Please log in to reply

Basty

Basty

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
The data file of Clipboard Magic holds information that I also need on my other PC (laptop). When both PCs ran WinXP, there was NO problem 'importing' a copy into the laptop. Now that my tower PC runs Win7, when I import the Clipboard Magic data file from the tower (Win7) into the laptop (WinXP), each entry contains a lot of unwanted code. CyberMatrix - the vendors if Clipboard Magic - has not answered my inquiry about this. SO I am looking further afield for advice.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Basty,

I see you that you have reached out to many forums trying to find an answer to this dilemma. Here phil22 suggested that it could be a Win7 compatibility issue with XP. Did you know that you can install Windows XP mode right onto your Windows 7 desktop, though it will only work with Win7 Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise versions of OS's.

Which version of Clipboard Magic do you have installed? Here it states that ClipMagic 4 works perfectly on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. Not sure if that means that they are compatible when transferring from one version of OS to another. Could be where the Win7 feature of WinXP mode may come into play.

Honestly, I am not familiar with this software. If my suggestions are of no help, maybe one of the other members who are familiar with this software can share some of their knowledge with us.

Donna :)

Basty

Basty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
"I see you that you have reached out to many forums" I routinely post my questions to 6 forums - That ensures I do get at least one answer.
"Did you know that you can install Windows XP mode right onto your Windows 7" Do you mean Virtual PC [If so, I have it installed.] If not, I do NOT know about this. I would be reluctant to do that to Win7, for the purpose of getting a better export to WinXP for Clipboard Magic.
"it will only work with Win7 Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise" - I run Win7 Ultimate.
"Which version of Clipboard Magic do you have installed?" V5
"ClipMagic 4 works perfectly on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7." THAT is not the issue - the issue is that the export of data from Clipboard Magic in Win7, when opened in WinXP, contains much (repeated) unwanted code. To make it worse, it PRECEDES the data.