Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP dc7100 SFF power supply upgrade

• Please log in to reply

howtheflip

howtheflip

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Okay, so good morning all. I have been posting at this website a lot recently, so before I start, I'd like to thank the people that are consistently helping me with my questions. I think this is going to be my last question for my computer.

So, I have a DC7100 SFF computer, which only has a 240w psu. I wanted to upgrade this psu so that my new graphics card would run my efficiently. I tried to look around for the dimensions of my power supply to compare it to others, but because it has an odd shape, it is hard to do that. Here is a link of one with a bunch of pictures to help:

http://computerpartd...b-a-rev-00.html

I'm not sure of the exact dimensions, some website told me that it was W:16 H: 6 D:5.1 (cm). After looking at those numbers, however, the height and depth don't seem realistic, and even if those were the dimensions, it is not a perfect square.

So my main question is, do I have any options for upgrading this thing? Will any reliable power supplies fit in my computer, even if i have to rig it/ leave it open? thanks in advance.

Advertisements

DDMLK

DDMLK

• Pip
  • 7 posts
The power supply on the DC7100 SFF cannot be upgraded to an aftermarket unit as HP design their own plugs and wiring. Even if you managed to find a PSU that physically fits in the case, the wiring would be all wrong.

What graphics card are you using? I have a GeForce N210 Silent in mine and it runs without any issues.

howtheflip

howtheflip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I was planning on putting a radeon 6570 in it, which seems to take 19 more watts than your graphics card. Does that card allow you to run any intensive programs though?