Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System randomy freezes or reboots

• Please log in to reply

Zero

Zero

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, while i was playing a game Guild Wars , after a couple of hours of playing my sreen tuned black and the computer freezed, and the monitor was like in standby mode.(no video input it sayed) I restarted and after a minute of playing it did the same. Than i formated my computer, after instalin windows instaled all the drivers, my computer freezed, rebooted it about 5 min later freezed again. THan i scaned for viruses, noething found. Than my computer reeboted again. Than i instaled guild wars , i ran it and when i clicked the icon the computer restarted. Didnt even come into the game.
Than an error sayd something about RADEON 9800. But i was having this driver for 5 months and worked fine, and i played the game 1 week before anything started to hapen. Than i started to look for several new drivers, every one freezes the comp. or reboots it. I formated 5 times and still the same thing. Please someone tell me what is wrong , thank you in advance.

Edited by Zero, 05 June 2005 - 07:53 AM.

Advertisements

Zero

Zero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes and one more thing , the computer freezes instanly when i get to windows if i have a screen resolution higher than 800 x 600 :tazz: