Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ps3 controller works, but not with ps2 game

• Please log in to reply

pwnofdoom

pwnofdoom

• Pip
  • 2 posts
so last week i was playing a ps2 game (ffx) on my ps3 and worked totally fine. then my ps3 got the YLOD (yellow light) and i had it fixed. now i got it back and was gonna play however the controller stops working the moment i start up the game. heres what happens:

i turn on the ps3 (note: i cant start the ps3 with the PS button on my controller anymore. idk why.)
during the menu, my controller works while plugged in with charging cable.
i start the ps2 game and like always the controllers turn off and when i turn them back on they just keep blinking (all 4 ports are blinking so its not a charge problem). they just keep blinking forever.

ive tried to reset, its charged, it works in the menu so What the... :/

there are no bluetooth devices near and my wireless internet is off. everything is exactly the same as last week when it works totally fine.

please help

edit: when i start the ps2 game the lights on the control only blink shortly and quickly then turn off. when i connect it with a charge cable, they blink slower and continue blinking forever. but still wont connect

Edited by pwnofdoom, 16 September 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Advertisements