Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Am i posting on correct forum? monitor is working out of scan range wh

• Please log in to reply

seanms

seanms

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to download a fresh copy of windows 7. gets to a point and the monitor goes black cept "information monitor is working out of scan range.". Best I can tell the video card is a hp geforce 7500le 256mb pci-express Graphic Card DVI VGA S-Video Mfr P/N 5188-5456. tried to reboot in safe mode to reset display settings but, it said something like-can not finishing installing in safe mode installation will complete upon restart. Do i just need a new video card. i think i bought that one 5 years ago.

Edited by seanms, 16 September 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You can try disabling your video card on the first boot from the hard drive during the install process, which is when I think you see the problem.

See here: How to Access Device Manager During the Installation of Windows 7.

Ignore the first part, just do the install as you normally do. Follow the directions under
Now for Safe Mode:

That should use the default VGA driver and allow you to complete the install. Download and install the latest driver for your video card and see what happens.

seanms

seanms

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome. Did it help?