Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

******.exe - Entry Point Not Found [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sndxdeadxshot

sndxdeadxshot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I Start A Program I Get _______.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The Procedure Entry Point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

Advertisements

dxfan1010101

dxfan1010101

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Hello sndxdeadxshot , Welcome to GeeksToGo

My name is dxfan101010 (dxfan for short) and I will be assisting you with your malware issue. Before continuing please read this post carefully.
  • Please note i am still in training and there will be a lag time between my post.
  • It is recommended that you Print Or Save these instructions to The Desktop, as part of the fix could involve using Safe Mode
  • Malware removal is a multistage process. Please stay with me until I give you the All Clear
  • One that note please realize that these logs take time to review and I am a volunteer. Please be patient while I review your logs.
  • Follow all directions in the Order Posted. Not following the order can cause problems instead of fixing them.
  • Please Do Not run any programs / scans unless I request them.
  • When asked to post logs, Please Do Not use the attachment feature. Instead copy and paste them directly into your post.
  • If you have any questions, ask them Before continuing with the directions.
  • In order to remain fair, If you don't reply to this thread within 3 days it will be closed.
  • If you have run any removal programs or have experienced a change in symptoms since you posted this log please tell me.

Posted Image OTL Custom Scan
  • Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon to run it.
  • Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top, make sure Stadard output is selected.
  • Select Scan all users
  • Under Extra Registry select Use Safelist
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box copy and paste this in:

netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    services.*
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    /md5stop
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\Local\AutoProxyCache /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Posted Image button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open OTL.Txt and Extras.txt in Notepad windows.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files and post them with your next reply.

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it

Click the "Scan" button to start scan
Posted Image

On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
Posted Image

Also in Desktop there should be a file called MBR.dat after that, zip it and then attach it here :thumbsup:

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.