Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Rederect Issue [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi BeaverSniffer,

Are you still with me?

Advertisements

BeaverSniffer

BeaverSniffer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok, before I got your post to reset my router, my computer froze while it was in the middle of a start up fix and so I turned it off and now it won't turn back on. Doesn't even register that power is getting to it..

For the router, i had trouble understanding your first sentence... I have not opened any ports or customized it in anyway, so Is all I have to do to fix the router is reset it with paper clip?

Also after reseting it with paperclip is it safe to use that router for another computer?

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts

I have not opened any ports or customized it in anyway, so Is all I have to do to fix the router is reset it with paper clip?

Yes. If you didn't make any changes just reset it with paper clip.

Also after reseting it with paper clip is it safe to use that router for another computer?

I would like to test it with another computer after you reset your router. Please let me know results.

BeaverSniffer

BeaverSniffer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I reset it but have not used it with any pc. I have been using it with ps3 and used it with ps3 after reseting it.. But never had issues with ps3 to begin with.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi BeaverSniffer,

So.. your PC is dead and you can't even power it up. I'm sorry but this is job for your local PC repair shop. I don't think I could help you with that.

If you don't have any problems now with your router and redirections on PS3 do you need my help anymore?

That you for sticking with me and for updates with current status.

BeaverSniffer

BeaverSniffer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Is it safe to set up another computer with this router after we reset it?

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Yes. If you reset it then there is nothing to worry about.

Please just let me know if everything working for my peace of mind.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.