Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media PC not seeing XBOX360 and vice versa

• Please log in to reply

BIGROD

BIGROD

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Not sure if this is the right place, but up until recently I've always streamed media (mostly movies and music) from my PC to my console via Windows Media Center. A few days ago I noticed the XBOX was no longer connecting to the computer. This is strange because I can still access LIVE and play all of my online games. This leads me to believe it isn't an internet connectivity/network (Verizon FiOs) issue. So I removed the console/extender from Windows Media Center and attempted to re-install it. Now the PC isn't able to locate the console to re-install and the console no longer lists the computer.

Posted Image

Another issue I've noticed, which I think may be related but have no idea how to fix, is that my Windows 7 PC is not allowing me to change/modify my firewall settings, much less, access it. When I attempt to do so, I get the following error:

Posted Image

Any ideas or thoughts on how to fix this? Like I said, I've always streamed using Media Center and this just started happening out of the blue. Please let me know if this is the right place for this inquiry. Or should this thread go elsewhere? Thanks in advance.

:help:

Edited by BIGROD, 19 September 2012 - 07:49 AM.

Advertisements

BIGROD

BIGROD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I've resolved my Windows Firewall issue in another thread, but my PC is still unable to see the XBOX and vice versa, although XBOX LIVE seems to be connecting and working as normal. Below is as far as I get in attempting to setup the XBOX in Windows Media Center.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:help: