Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Enable Internet access to Exchange on SBS2003

• Please log in to reply

sdonald52

sdonald52

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Right now the SBS2003 works fine on the LAN for email. It is configured to download email through a POP connection, and the clients then connect to the exchange server. The clients can only check their email locally but want to be able to check it from their home computers or mobile devices.

The server is behind a Comcast business modem/router.

I am thinking that what I have to do is change the way the server receives email by disabling the pop connection, and pointing the mx records to the Comcast assigned IP address.

I am not sure what all I would have to reconfigure though. Is there a guide someone can point me to, or explain the steps I should take, or suggest a better way to do what I way to accomplish?

Web email access is enabled (though it only works locally), so I was also thinking I could connect the other LAN port on the server to the Comcast router and assign the server a static public IP so they could access the web email, though this would no be ideal since it would be a hassle to access on a computer or phone.

Thanks

Advertisements