Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up issues

• Please log in to reply

wpr

wpr

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
The wise sage CompCav suggested I come over here for some assistance. This is what I told him:

On startup it begins with the 4 colors that form the Windows logo. Next it change to the "welcome" screen. It shows Windows 7 at the bottom of the screen during this time. The next step should be my desktop. Instead I have a blank black screen with the cursor only. This is where it stays. I rebooted and selected F8 for the safe mode. Ran a diagnostic and it worked fine for 2 or 3 times. Now even that does not change it back to the proper mode. Is my computer dying? It is about 2 1/2 yrs old.

Something else that may be of no value is that I have a Nano IPod. A couple of days ago I noticed that I can load songs on to it but it does not play. When I plug it back into the computer the "Play" symbol is grayed out.

Advertisements