XP running on Mac bootcamp wont boot up [Closed]
Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:51 PM
Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:04 AM
Welcome to Geekstogo,
This will be interesting as I have never worked with a Mac before.
Be aware that these instructions are at you own risk.
My best guess is that this should work with a bit of help from you but I don't know for sure.
Moving on after my rant
This is a way to access your computer using a disk we will create.
Before starting you might like to print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
- Download OTLPE.iso and save it somewhere you can get it.
- Insert a writable blank CD/DVD in your CD drive and click on the OTPLE.iso to burn a CD. NOTE:
- Reboot your infected system using the boot CD you just created.
- The CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system...can take a bit of time, just be patient
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
- If asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- If asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start.
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.
Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:06 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users