Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Supply confusion

• Please log in to reply

12matthias335

12matthias335

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
My case came with a power supply, but I can't find out much information on it. All I really know is that it is a ATX form, 450Watt, and PCI-express ready. My motherboard needs a powersupply with a 24-pin and 4-pin 12 V plugs that is ATX 12 v 2.0 compliant. Can you tell if the powersupply meets these requirements/any suggestions on how to find out this info? (I've already been to the case manufacturer's website) :tazz:

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Need more info.

What Case/PSU is it and also what motherboard are you using?

12matthias335

12matthias335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
My case is a Warrior ATX and my mobo is Asus A8V-E Deluxe. I don't know anything more about the PSU.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Mabe something like this is what you need?

http://www.highpower...uct-ac-2024.htm

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Chances are if the psu came with the case and you can't find any info on it by doing a google then its generic junk, get your self a good one 400w or better

Ante, thermaltake, ernmax all make good psu's

The psu you have should have info on the side of it telling you the name how many watts and amps on all the rails if so post the info here so we can have a look if not I wouldn't use it.

Rick

12matthias335

12matthias335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yea, the power supply was no good. After we had plugged the hard drive and other cables in, it didn't boot anymore, so we bought Antec. Thanks for the help. :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome,

Glad you got it going

Rick