Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Frustrating Problem: Cannot install Nvidia Drivers at all! Tried E

• Please log in to reply

SparkPlugBolt

SparkPlugBolt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Folks,

I have a HP G70-120 laptop and I am running Windows 7 32 Bit.

Recently I uninstalled the previous default driver (258.96) and tried installing the new driver (306.23) . Everytime I try the new driver installation fails.

I have tried EVERYTHING mentioned in Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide at : http://www.evga.com/...1174372&mpage=1

I have:
1. Uninstalled Nvidia Drivers from the Programs and Features. It said it uninstalled but the icon was not removing.
2. Manually cleaned all the driver leftover files.
3. Cleaned all driver files that were leftover even after step 2, using Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode.

Note: I rebooted PC everytime, and I checked manually and with Auto-Detect on Nvidia Driver Download Page to check the compatibility of the driver with my graphics card and it is compatible. I read the complete release notes with 306.23. I also tried installing the default/old driver. It says its installed, but checking Device Manager and Programs and Features, it isnt installed. And currently I am with Standard VGA Adapter. Also note that, I believe its a pesky software problem, and would like to try everything I can before taking it to the shop, because shops here in Bangladesh make things worse (they damaged my microphone and webcam once while trying to fix display panel )

I have been trying to solve this problem for TWO WEEKS and I am frustrated to infinity!!

For goodness sake, does anybody know how to solve this problem??

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts
Hi,

Based on the HP page the laptop uses this graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE.

Checking the Nvidia Driver page for 306.23 - WHQL, the Supported Products list show only GeForce 9200M GS

SparkPlugBolt

SparkPlugBolt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been confused about that too.
So I did an auto-detect and Nvidia said the compatible driver is 301.42. Tried installing that, same problem.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts
Hi,

The HP site show 2 downloads for graphics maybe you have to install also the Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family driver.

Many times the Chipset drivers must be installed first to have other divers installed successfully.