Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I've done what I thought I could never do...

• Please log in to reply

luzianne555

luzianne555

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Spilt water on my laptop. No just a few drops, quite a bit. I did pull out the charger cord and pull out the battery. But, I'm not sure if I got the battery out before it short circuited or not. At any rate, I've disassembled it and am letting it dry. If however, the motherboard it dead, how easy would it be to buy a new laptop and add my current RAM to it?

I got the laptop June of 2011, so it isn't too old. It's 6Gb of DDR3. CX1170. Would it be fairly easy to find a laptop that I could transfer that to? I figure it would let me focus on getting a laptop with a higher rated processor, as I would need one with much RAM. I've fixed/replaced stuff in computers before, but I've never upgraded anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

luzianne555

luzianne555

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't see anything to edit the post, but

Not just*

Pulled out the battery*

As I would not need one*