Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Hanging, Slow to boot etc

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
AVG Remover
eliminates all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files, etc. AVG Remover is the last option to be used in case the AVG uninstall / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.

Advertisements

worldofshinty

worldofshinty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
1. please find attach screenshot

2. so if it nots free space what is then?

Attached Thumbnails

• screen.jpg

Edited by worldofshinty, 28 September 2012 - 01:22 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
After copying files from C and pasting them to D, did you go back to C and delete the files that you pasted to D/

Please go to My Computer and tell us how much free space you have on C and on D.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
worldofshinty

Please do continue with my colleague The Skeptic.

I will leave you with him, but may I make mention of this

I would have ONE more attempt at uninstalling AVG - if you are sure it is the AVG anti virus you installed from AVG or purchased from them etc. This link is the removal tool
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

1. Control Panel Programs and features
AVG entries uninstall
then run the tool
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT that AVG was installed by you post a sreenshot of the AVG interface when you open it OR provide the exact title of the folder.

It appears you have the trial version of AVG I presume you know if that is what you used

When uninstalling AVG did you run the tool
see 1 above.
eg THEN RUN THE TOOL

The Skeptic
Hope you did not mind me coming back in.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 28 September 2012 - 02:31 PM.

worldofshinty

worldofshinty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

After copying files from C and pasting them to D, did you go back to C and delete the files that you pasted to D/

Please go to My Computer and tell us how much free space you have on C and on D.

yes i did delete the ones i pasted to d, and also found some avi files i just deleted from c.

c drive 448 mb
d drive 107 gb

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Did you then empty the recycle bin

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Your C drive is fuller then before you moved and deleted files, and this causes the computer to be so sluggish. I think that we have to consider the option that some type of malware fills your drive with garbage files.

Here, in G2G, help with malware removal is only given in the malware forum. Please use this link to the malware forum and follow the instructions carefully. Run the prerequisite program and start a new topic. Please note, they are quite busy there and some time may be required before they answer you.

Please mention that you were sent from the OS forum and give them a link to this thread. Also, write here the link to your new topic so that we can follow it (we are curious, you know)

good luck

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

good luck

and the same from me

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like bloatware is the issue. :confused:

worldofshinty

worldofshinty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Did you then empty the recycle bin

yes sure did

Advertisements

worldofshinty

worldofshinty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Your C drive is fuller then before you moved and deleted files, and this causes the computer to be so sluggish. I think that we have to consider the option that some type of malware fills your drive with garbage files.

Here, in G2G, help with malware removal is only given in the malware forum. Please use this link to the malware forum and follow the instructions carefully. Run the prerequisite program and start a new topic. Please note, they are quite busy there and some time may be required before they answer you.

Please mention that you were sent from the OS forum and give them a link to this thread. Also, write here the link to your new topic so that we can follow it (we are curious, you know)

good luck

rebooted pc again, now its saying c drive is 44gb free and d drive is 107gb

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please report if the computer is faster now, after the reboot.

I assume you rebooted a number of times since you cleared space on C didn't you? did you notice any improvement after reboots which turned to sluggishness later on?

The whole thing is quite confusing. Please do the following:

1: Post a topic in the malware forum. We must check this aspect.

2: Keep the computer running for 2-3 days without rebooting (use it normally during this time). Check at least twice a day free space on C. Write it down and report to us every day. We want to see if free space will get smaller as the computer is operating.

worldofshinty

worldofshinty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Please report if the computer is faster now, after the reboot.

I assume you rebooted a number of times since you cleared space on C didn't you? did you notice any improvement after reboots which turned to sluggishness later on?

The whole thing is quite confusing. Please do the following:

1: Post a topic in the malware forum. We must check this aspect.

2: Keep the computer running for 2-3 days without rebooting (use it normally during this time). Check at least twice a day free space on C. Write it down and report to us every day. We want to see if free space will get smaller as the computer is operating.

Hi the post is here http://www.geekstogo...-help-required/ , lost 1.1gb overnight

Edited by worldofshinty, 30 September 2012 - 03:15 AM.

worldofshinty

worldofshinty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I will refer you back to The_Skeptic now. Please post back in the original thread you made stating that the malware removal helper believes it may not be a malware issue

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts

Please report how the computer is working now after about 20 days. Most important: is it working well performancewise? Second, what happened with the empty space on your disk. Did it drop as before? Did the drop, if occurred, influenced performance.