Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected with Babylon.Toolbar & ChatZum Search & More [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cherdon

cherdon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I ran the clean up utility then went back to device manager to see if exclamation mark had disappeared after reboot and it didn't so then I right clicked on error, went to properties and it said the following which means nothing to me >>> ROOT\LEGACY_SASKUTIL\0000ROOT\LEGACY_SASKUTIL\0000 <<<< (under device instances ID tab)

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK I know now what it belongs to : Superantispyware

Here is their removal tool for it

All of these can just be deleted from the desktop when you are finished :)

cherdon

cherdon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ty for the removal tool, I noticed you posted reg clean. Did you want me to do that? If so, do I have to worry about fixing the wrong thing or am I suppose to post the findings first and then you tell me which to fix? I just dont want to screw up cause awhile ago I downloaded a reg cleaner and ended up with blue screen of death. Will wait for your answer before I continue. Ty again.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I would never recommend reg clean at all .. Was it on one of the links ? If so I will need to change that

cherdon

cherdon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes it was beside my posting done at 10:38...wow how odd...its gone now...good thing I checked with you first.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Was that before you signed in, as it may have been an ad which we have no control over

How is the beast now :)

cherdon

cherdon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I didn't notice if the ad was before or after I signed in..I just assumed you posted it which wasn't the case. The beast LOL is much better. Just a small glitch when I have 5 games going at once. At first, I can go back and forth between bingo games without a problem but after approximately 10 minutes of playing, I need to reboot because everything is going in slow motion...not sure what I could do to remedy that and when I click on a link in my email, I have to click it twice before it comes up instead of just doing it once. If you have any ideas to solve these 2 small problems I have left, I will be eternally grateful. I know I've been a royal pain but I dont mean to be. Thanks for all your help Essexboy

Edited by cherdon, 25 September 2012 - 08:49 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
When you have five windows open is that in IE ?

If so what would be a help is to go to internet option (again :) )
Select the Advanced tab and place a tick in"Empty Temporary Internet folders when closed "

Let me know if that helps

For the E-mail are you set to single click or double click in Control panel Folder Options ?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.