Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After the IOS 6 Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Once the IOS 6 Upgrade completes (on the iPad) several free apps are recommended. Due to a slip of the finger, I shot right past them. Does anyone know what the apps are?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Once the IOS 6 Upgrade completes (on the iPad) several free apps are recommended. Due to a slip of the finger, I shot right past them. Does anyone know what the apps are?

Thanks in advance!

Hello There:

I think that when you go to the AppStore you can get the TOP Free apps during a search - I just hope that the problems that iOS 6 has can be corrected, as there are a LOT of users that are screaming about apps not working correctly. die to inaccurate information (I think Google Maps and the GPS apps)

Since I have not updated my iPod Touch to iOS6, I am not sure, but may do that soon :)

Good Luck ;)

Brian

geeeker

geeeker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would highly recommend downloading YouTube because it's not on there anymore.

elguapo

elguapo

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
iOS 6 on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S - Watched upgrade to completion but I either blinked too long or something because I didn't see even a hint of applications to either update or install. Everything I personally installed is still there and still works.

Youtube is a conspicuous omission. Does it make sense to take something off that worked and you had before? Not to me. You can download it and it does still work. Just not bundled into the iOS.

Apple's contentious jihad with Google isn't going to win them new friends or influence people. Their equally contentious though financially less intimidating with Adobe makes it more of a consumer device than anything else, but then Apple's never really cared what the business market thinks anyways, have they?

Once you look beneath the hood it's still a good upgrade from iOS 5 and fixes nit noid problems that crop up from time to time. More control over security and privacy is always a good thing.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Thanks everyone for weighing in! Brian (in the second post) figured out what I missed and iit was the Top Free Apps.

Then Geeeker noticed that YouTube was gone! I saw that yesterday too when I tried to download all the AirPlay enabled apps and couldn't find YouTube. As Snoopy would say.... Bleah!