Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does my iMac have a vírus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sapata

sapata

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Although I hear a lot about Mac not being succeptile to víruses, I'm a bit worried lately.

My twitter account was hacked few weeks ago ( I started receiving the same spam DM messages from everyone I follow and my followers started receiving spams DM from me as well) I followed what suggested on the twitter help page and everything seemed to be fine until today. Well, I've just received another spam message from someone I follow with the same DM with a link to facebook (this time I didn't open the link and deleted the message straight away).

I've run Sophos anti virus and nothing it's been detected but I'm worried something is wrong... any suggestions?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

I'm afraid we will be unable to assist you in this part of the forum because primarily it is for Windows based Anti-Malware support as are the specific tools we use.

You could ask in the relevant Operating Systems part of the forum though.

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
That's fine...
Thanks for your response :D

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts